What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

1. Installed aux lights with fuel moto (cryon brand) 880 LEDs. Took it out for a ride and enjoyed some extra light. I forgot that the touring models are defaulted to turn off the aux lights when hi beam is on though so I'll go back tomorrow to see if they still offer a flash to change that.

2. Installed saddlebag guards.

3. Tested saddlebag guards. Was doing figure 8s in a parking lot and went a little too far! Need more practice. Guards did their job though and no painted parts got damaged.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

How ironic? I tested my bag guards on my second day out on my mine doing figure 8's in a church parking lot near my house. They worked as intended. I also took advantage of the opportunity to practice picking it up by myself too. Glad to hear you had the bag guards in place.

Note to self: avoid doing figure eights unless training for the shriners team, may cause paint and back problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1. Installed aux lights with fuel moto (cryon brand) 880 LEDs. Took it out for a ride and enjoyed some extra light. I forgot that the touring models are defaulted to turn off the aux lights when hi beam is on though so I'll go back tomorrow to see if they still offer a flash to change that.

2. Installed saddlebag guards.

3. Tested saddlebag guards. Was doing figure 8s in a parking lot and went a little too far! Need more practice. Guards did their job though and no painted parts got damaged.

Sorry to hear buddy! Good thing you installed the guards.

Hey you don't know how far you can push it until you've pushed too far. Low speed stuff is definitely a perishable skill. I used to drag my Suzuki's boards in circles but fear of dropping the Harley kept me from practicing without bag guards. I was also in a church parking lot a mile from my house! Divine intervention?

The bag guards also provide a nice place to grab while lifting. Last time I had to use my sissy bar which was less than ideal.

Last edited:
100 miles of aimless riding and a stop at the dealer. They said the reflash for keeping my aux lights on with high beam would be a half hour labor but they didn't charge anything. So glad to finally have a day off without having to work on something.

I'm de- accessorizing mine since it doesn't add anything to a trade-in, (Tour Pack-Lowers-LED Lighting, Fairing & fork lowers, all pedals and chrome covers, etc.). I am leaving the complete exhaust and Stereo/Amp sound system on for the next lucky owner. :cool:

I cut in the hole in my saddle bags for my American Hardbag kit which will hold 8" speakers in each bag. Things are going to be getting [emoji344][emoji344][emoji344][emoji344].
0891df9f8c110366994fddf20333656b.jpg
a43e0b1d1c0829cf0a3e8095481711d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would scare the crap out of me making that big of a hole in those bags. Can't wait to hear what this system sounds like so keep us posted. I'm sure once your completed you will post a list of new products your using.

Rode out to Chokoloskee, FL today to have lunch at Havana Cafe. It was a bit surreal waking up to the news that Fidel Castro died the same day we had planned to go eat Cuban food.

I'm not Cuban but my solidarity goes out to the Cuban people. They have been waiting for this day for a long time. Not sure anything will change since Fidel's brother is still in power but you never know. Anyways there are thousands of people out on the street celebrating.

783a2ed9d119da3ac802be330604b18b.jpg

760f6888226e5b9d0e0932369dbd21fb.jpg

7913a668b4d2a36b545ea05e31a1ea40.jpg

Last edited:
I was supposed to go shooting today but everyone bailed. So instead I rode down to Tucson on the back roads, stopping at a shop to look at helmets. Overcast and windy with temps in the 70s for 200 miles, it felt awesome!

Working on mocking up new Insane Asylum 8 back at ya bags, fender and lights with custom dynamics brake flash module and twisted 8 lids, hertz ST25s, hertz SV200.1s and Diamond 800.4 amp - along with relocating my accessory LED light module and cleaning up some misc wiring...WINTER PROJECT!!!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Google maps can also track you. It gets creepy sometimes, it even knows how long I was stopped and where.

Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=MzExMDQ=

(dammit I guess you now have to click the link. Photobucket has gone stupid. Time for a new photo sharing service)

Last edited:
Rever is not creepy but you have to remember to hit pause if you are really tracking stats. I like it. I did not know Google maps can do it too. I'll try that for my next hop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After chasing a limp home issue for a week, I finally cut out the green connector in the handlebars for the Fly by Wire throttle and hard wired it.

After a 100 mile ride yesterday, I think I am back to 2 cylinders.

Ken

Not today, but two days ago I installed my new Fullsac pipes, love the deep kinda nasty tone to them and power feels like it comes on quicker.
Still have to get the heat shields to powder coating as I'm going black with them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067