What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

I have a set but they came off after a day of riding... my boys roasted more than usual. But then again I live in the desert. They did help with wind buffeting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try switching to Mobil 1 VTwin full synthetic oil. It cut down the heat coming up my crotch big time with my Softail, and so I have done the same with my Street Glide.

Fork Fang added note: I think they are ugly but the benefits outweigh the looks!
View attachment 12075

I have them and love them, but I gotta disagree with them being ugly. I actually really like the look. When you think about it, the rear of the bike is so low and wide with the saddlebags and the low rear fender and then of course there's the wide fairing, that the fangs sort of even things out. Looks mean, wide, and ready for business.

The best buffeting fix I've found is losing the traffic! Open roads, it's like being in a car. Stuck behind a truck (worst is the gasoline tankers. Those cylinders are unbelievably bad at creating turbulence)and I get bumped around a bit.

I have the fairing mounted vents and I open them during the summer. I'd rather have air blowing on me when it's 115.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

I drive tankers OTR and I'm jealous of all the bikes on the road today and I'm in my truck. Enjoy it for me today fellas.

Try switching to Mobil 1 VTwin full synthetic oil. It cut down the heat coming up my crotch big time with my Softail, and so I have done the same with my Street Glide.

What weight do you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went out on a little ride with the fellas. Back was hurting , but couldn't pass up this good weather in Ohio
806e2f34e0ea4630e2786146bf095535.jpg
b790231e1a5e3692643864ffd94f042f.jpg

I installed a grab strap on Saturday. So naturally I had to go an a 140 mile round trip ride to Isla Morada today to make sure the published screw torque specification was correct, and that it didn't loosen while riding!

2a21eee88a45788b2e61415951c83b2a.jpg

55d310ccf405d2f480fd7057c8af8091.jpg

Last edited:
I installed a grab strap on Saturday. So naturally I had to go an a 140 mile round trip ride to Isla Morada today to make sure the published screw torque specification was correct, and that it didn't loosen while riding!

I hear those test rides can be brutal. Glad you made it back ok! :)

David

Put on a cheap 8 inch Slip Streamer, just wondering with it being so cheap If it hold up for any length of time? Does anyone have any experience with that brand? It works great as far as keeping the wind from breaking right in my face.Thanks!

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

Well didn't do nothin to my bike. But rode my bike to pick up her new friend. Wife got tired of the sportster , so we got her a street glide. Meet Rosco.
1e72720c9be8d1836d915b7dff014be2.jpg

Installed my new LRS 8" shield. It ended up only being about a half Inch taller than my Clearview small but I wasn't going to return it and reorder. I'll use it and I can always buy a taller one if I want to.

Starting the mental countdown to bike week. 40 days.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Temps in western pa went well into the 70's on Friday. Definitely not normal for February......Had to get some good riding in!
14 glide feb 2017 thumbnail_WP_20170224_18_05_00_Pro.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schillthrill