What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Installed the curved license plate mounting kit 67900008.

Easy install.

I'm waiting for the Custom Auxiliary Lighting Kit 67800367 ..... will be here tomorrow .....

Stretched bags, fender and taillights, LED plate frame, brake light flasher, lids with speakers, saddlebag latches, added 2nd amp, custom fairing speakers grills, custom lid speaker grills, back-lit fairing and lid speakers, saddlebag liners, new double din head unit and wired my LEDs to my brake light...think I listed it all!!!
9ec1e8d14bcc9c04a42515ade1e3f76e.jpg
cedf02ff775659e47c6cbd532afddbc4.jpg
456432569d8f9f344fc8d777cfe0a872.jpg
51a832c5803394bb06bf56482e79f3c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I just dream of my bike. It's in WV. I moved here to WA in nov and didn't ride it here. Flying next month and riding it back. It sux. I'll add AIM VPC, custom dynamic Headlamp and other lights when I'm at myrtle bike week, adjustable Harley rider backrest.

IMG_6035.jpgSooooo have you ever had the guys at the parts counter laugh and say "some assembly required" as they hand you your box you've been waiting on for weeks?
Well I get my new lowers home and figure hell, I just installed a new J&M Rokker AMP and speakers this should be a piece of cake!
AAARRRGGHHHH after trying to decipher the secret code on these Harley directions, I hit up YouTube and figured them out.
IMG_6040.jpg

Was it that difficult or the instructions that confusing? I haven't read or seen the YOUTUBE but I've seen the YOUTUBE for the Advan's and it didn't look that bad. Of course this coming from a guy who took an hour and a half to put his pegs on his new SGS lol.

View attachment 12523Sooooo have you ever had the guys at the parts counter laugh and say "some assembly required" as they hand you your box you've been waiting on for weeks?
Well I get my new lowers home and figure hell, I just installed a new J&M Rokker AMP and speakers this should be a piece of cake!
AAARRRGGHHHH after trying to decipher the secret code on these Harley directions, I hit up YouTube and figured them out.
View attachment 12522

More parts than meets the eye for sure! Now let me offer a little tip:
You know the solid black filler panels next to the vent door? You can buy the Perforated snap in panels that come standard on the water cooled lowers and they can be snap in replacements for summer cooling! :cool:
FF10 copy.JPG

Attachments

• FF10.JPG
    FF10.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
More parts than meets the eye for sure! Now let me offer a little tip:
You know the solid black filler panels next to the vent door? You can buy the Perforated snap in panels that come standard on the water cooled lowers and they can be snap in replacements for summer cooling! :cool:

Awesome, I was trying to figure what to do with those panels, they cheapen up the look. They could have been color matched just as easy.

Rode out to westworld for bike week today. Took a long way home to hit some back roads and just enjoy the weather. Tomorrow's plan is to pick where i want to ride and get lost for a bit. Supposed to be in the 90s again so I'll go north to cooler weather.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Small ride in early spring sun. Visited the local HD dealer. Made some extra miles in the typical Dutch scenery.

Today I installed my stock header with the cat removed and Vance and Hines Oversized 450 destroyers. What a difference the catless header makes!

Took a short 100 mile ride just to get out of the house. Then I ordered a 330w 2 channel amp and speakers from j&m to replace my problem Stereo. For now I'm running just my Polk speakers and removed the amp. It's better than nothing but not amazing.

I also discovered that while fiddling with my passing lamps, I installed one Upside down. They have a D shaped pattern, meant to have the curved portion shine towards the road and the flat towards horizon but I wasn't paying attention to the markings on the lens and put it in backwards. I actually did this 2 weeks ago and it took me this long to catch my mistake!

Next up, decatted head pipe. After I pay off a $1000 stereo. Argh.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Got 300 miles in over the past two days, dropped my sgs at the dealer for a new rear tire this afternoon and received my new L.A. Choppers 12" ape hangers in the mail today. Trying to decide if i want to do heated grips when i install the bars in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Got my break in miles all finished and decided to put another 200 on it just for fun! Man that M8 really has some balls. Love this bike!!!

IMG_1137.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birds- The M8 IS a ballsey motor for sure. I'm right there with you at 1200 miles now. I did my own 1K and spent that money on CVO seat. Comfy leather and a bit lower to the ground!
CVOseat3 copy.JPG

Birds- The M8 IS a ballsey motor for sure. I'm right there with you at 1200 miles now. I did my own 1K and spent that money on CVO seat. Comfy leather and a bit lower to the ground!

Did you go through and check all the torques on everything? That honestly why I am gonna just get the dealership to do mine. After I get that done then I might do my own. My buddy has a lift to make it easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the list and trust my own wrenching until it comes to specialized tools. I rely on dealer for 5-10-20k services but I mostly change my own fluids.
Most of the list below (except Asterisks) are "inspect" items and at $315/$350 for their service-I can do better:

1000 mile service list per owner's manual (may vary per model)

replace engine oil and filter***
inspect oil lines and brake system
inspect air cleaner
inspect tires
check wheel spokes (unless cast aluminum)
replace trans fluid***
replace chain case fluid***
check clutch adjustment
check primary chain adjustment (auto adjuster after 2006, BT models)
inspect and adjust rear belt and sprockets
inspect and lubricate jiffy stand
inspect fuel lines and fittings
check brake fluid level and condition
inspect brakes
inspect spark plugs( N/A 2017)
check operation of electrical equipment and switches
check engine idle speed
adjust steering head bearings*** (N/A for later models)
inspect shocks
check critical fasteners (axle nuts, etc)
inspect exhaust system

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexj87