What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! I also learned something too from looking at the pic. What I learned was, not all 2018's have stretched bags. The cutouts in my bags really highlight the fact that my mufflers are not centered.
Right only the specials have stretched bags. They also have the black forks, exhaust and engines. I also learned they have boom stage 1 speakers. My standard was equipped with security, abs, premium radio so the only thing I didn't get were the cosmetics. I'll be getting an amp and speakers (had a 330w j&m kit) so I don't care about the speaker upgrade from factory.

Unfortunately I was looking at a special but one of the bikes had a large chunk of coating taken off the header. It was about 2 inches behind the floorboard, and about the right spot where a misplaced boot may strike. That made me concerned that the black paint they used on the headers may not be very robust. Otherwise the 2018 specials are just super effing sexy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First round of parts installed.
Crash bars
Sissy bar
Luggage rack
Handlebar mounted mirrors (fairing mirror delete to come)

She needs some LEDs.
f0e81d7fc2cc450942b4e17de5f62089.jpg

I got my Stage ll done this week.
attachment.php

Attachments

• FLHXs17_1.JPG
    FLHXs17_1.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 0
Yes- I can feel the difference and I still have the Cat installed (for now).

Did you get before and after hp and tq numbers mojo? I'm curious as to what the power increase is from stock to stage 2 on the M8.

Today I bought and installed custom Dynamics inserts for the signals and also added saddlebag mounted turn signals. Rode a little bit too but it was a little cool and my back is still really bothering me. Might need a back rest.

Did you get before and after hp and tq numbers mojo? I'm curious as to what the power increase is from stock to stage 2 on the M8.

No- I didn't spend the money on a dyno as I will take their "base Stage ll download" and auto tune from there. I never really have had a lot of confidence in HD dealer dyno expertise. I wonder sometimes if they just used a previously dyno canned map and charge you the labor hours? It's not the HP numbers I'm interested in anyway, it's the torque numbers and I can definitely tell a difference not only the way it pulls but also the way is idles and sounds now. And it only cost me $786 w/tax. Sweet!

No- I didn't spend the money on a dyno as I will take their "base Stage ll download" and auto tune from there. I never really have had a lot of confidence in HD dealer dyno expertise. I wonder sometimes if they just used a previously dyno canned map and charge you the labor hours? It's not the HP numbers I'm interested in anyway, it's the torque numbers and I can definitely tell a difference not only the way it pulls but also the way is idles and sounds now. And it only cost me $786 w/tax. Sweet!

Cool! Any chance we can get you to shoot a video of a cold start and a warm start, so we can hear what it sounds like?

9ac34f70542ab41cd816c32d4f2decf4.jpg
f08e54c5fdff9850e6f4cec287c10104.jpg

Got my advanblack bags and fender extender in today an put them on. They look pretty good to me. The color is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for some of the stock extended bags but seem to keep missing them when they pop up

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rear ended in a hit and run at a stop light this evening. I'm super pissed as I was supposed to have a photo shoot with my bike and my kids before I have to go away for a long while. I managed to keep the bike upright and when I pulled off onto the next side street (the shoulder was all gravel until then) the other person kept going.

It looks to me that all I need is a new rear fender, light bar, tail lights, and possibly a tag holder.

Does anyone have a stock 2015 FLHXS rear fender in good shape they want to sell?

IMG_3514.jpg

Rear ended in a hit and run at a stop light this evening. I'm super pissed as I was supposed to have a photo shoot with my bike and my kids before I have to go away for a long while. I managed to keep the bike upright and when I pulled off onto the next side street (the shoulder was all gravel until then) the other person kept going.

It looks to me that all I need is a new rear fender, light bar, tail lights, and possibly a tag holder.

Does anyone have a stock 2015 FLHXS rear fender in good shape they want to sell?

View attachment 13943
God damn that sucks. Glad it wasn't much worse (I should know...) and looks like relatively little damage. Could this be an excuse to upgrade? The cvo Fender looks nice until you see the $1000 price tag for a primed part.

God damn that sucks. Glad it wasn't much worse (I should know...) and looks like relatively little damage. Could this be an excuse to upgrade?

I really like the Bad Dad package with the flush lights. In fact I'm trying to get the information online now. The big problem I have with stretched bags is the fact that my CFR slip ons are 4 1/2".

Stupid $1k deductible. I forgot about that. Fender from dealer is only 500. I guess I’m out of pocket on everything. I haven’t looked behind bags or under fender but I doubt there is anything wrong there. And here I was getting my hopes up for a Bad Dad Summit package. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode 240 miles down to Tucson and back. First good ride on the new glide and she did well! Put on the fairing mounted wind deflectors before the ride to cut down on the upward blast of wind on my face. Temps were in the 50s the entire ride. A little cold for me.

Rode 240 miles down to Tucson and back. First good ride on the new glide and she did well! Put on the fairing mounted wind deflectors before the ride to cut down on the upward blast of wind on my face. Temps were in the 50s the entire ride. A little cold for me.

How many miles do you have on your new Glide now? Are you still running the stock radio and speakers, or have you added an amp and speakers yet? What's the rest of your mod list looking like?

How many miles do you have on your new Glide now? Are you still running the stock radio and speakers, or have you added an amp and speakers yet? What's the rest of your mod list looking like?
As of today, 730 or so. Purchased 12/9 but been working a lot.

So far I haven't added a better stereo but I had a j&m 330w kit on my 14 and loved it so will probably go back.

Fairing mounted wind deflectors
Bar mounted mirrors (keep forgetting to pick up the plugs to delete fairing mirrors!)
Rear crash bars
Sissy bar and pad
Luggage rack
Shorty antenna
Clearview 8" (they call it a 13" iirc) windshield untinted. Spare i had from the 14.

Need a new seat and/or a back rest. My ass actually felt pretty good today but my back wasn't happy. However my back hasn't been happy at all since the wreck. Still getting better though. On seats, I've had mustangs and a sundowner. I prefer Mustang but my skinny ass only needs a slim seat. My favorite seat was a Mustang square back but they only make it for dyna. High back for support, comfy on the butt and slim for easy touch down.

Im pretty happy with this engine! Doing some passing at 75mph made me happy, she picks up the front end even in 6th gear. I'll do a stage 1 at least and maybe a cam. Valve train noise sure came back strong. It sounds like I'm on a typewriter all day. Also still getting a good stream of wind hitting my face from under my arm, but only on the left side. Odd...

Totally unrelated, a guy where I park at work keeps putting his victory vision too close to me. Twice he's parked perfectly so that his fairing and mirror land between my fairing and brake lever! I must have bumped his mirror good enough last time as he now parks further away. Like 10 feet away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469