FP3, The Auto-Tune Process Explained

You don't really want to run auto tune indefinitely as it sets your afr to a funny number as a constant. You can, and this is the big bonus to tuners like the fp3 and pv, leave the unit connected forever and then tune occasionally.

Regarding auto tune again, it learns a value for each cell once per application. This means that if you were to ride a regular pattern, whatever cells it has learned won't be re-checked until those values are applied or the auto tune is finished. This is anoyher reason to run occasional sessions (stopping every so often to apply values) versus putting it in auto tune and take it to work every day this week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just put on RH slimline Duals and RH 4" slipons and got myself an FP3. I bought the high flow baffles and will install them Friday. I've got a canned map on there right now "V&H twin slash round with power duals" and will likely run the AT once I move to the high flow baffles.

Question - Can I just leave the FP3 on my bike indefinitely and run autotune applying every few weeks? Or is that not recommended?
I have slimline duals with the high flows. I started with the canned map from the Crushers Marksman slippin with powercell duals vs the VH maps. Much happier starting from there. Just as an FYI.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Wow...you guys rock, and Spazz...rockstar all the way. 2016 SGS, stock 103HO, SE Stage-1, Bassani head pipes/stock HD (after Bassani head pipes) w/SE Street Cannons slip-on's. Tuning with FP3, using V&H Stock HD 103HO stock mufflers/Hi-flow Air Intake as base map; running Auto-Tune. Fantastic and impressive results! Thanks for all the great info & tips here on this thread. Semper Fi!

Appreciated the write on the Auto Tune FP3. Very informative.

Appreciated the write on the Auto Tune FP3. Very informative.

I have installed the FP3 on my 2019 HD Road Glide. I do have some light popping back so I am going to change the pre-loaded map to Auto-Tune in a effort to get better results.
Thank you for the information.
Jim

Updated maps

Updated maps

I see this is an old thread but it is something i have a real interest in. I just went stage one on my Glide with Bassani DnT Sipons and a K&N High Flow filter. I decided to give the FP3 a shot and installed it but there arent really an maps for my specific setup. I was wondering how good the Autotune really is?

They have canned DnT maps now!

I know it has been a long time since I posted in this thread but thought a follow up report was necessary.

A friend of mine has the exact same model and year bike as I do. 2015 Fat Boy Lo and it also has the same mods. We both bought the FP3 but he never ran the Autotune function like I did. (Yes, I tried to tell him but . . .)

After a year or two he was unhappy with the way his bike was running and bought the Thundermax computer system for his bike. About $900 I believe and called me to tell me how wonderful it was.

Well a couple of weeks ago we got the chance to ride together. After a few full throttle take offs from traffic lights and about 2 hours into our ride he said, "Your bike runs really good. I had all I could do to stay up with you and I have the Thundermax."

Needless to say, running the Autotune function was what made the difference. My bike runs great, gets consistently 45 mpg and I am extremely happy with it.

Thanks again for this educational post as without it I probably would haven't gotten the bike tuned properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77