FP3, The Auto-Tune Process Explained

Good to hear! That's why I was auto tuning. Have a decal pop. And my set up isn't an exact Vance and Hines set up. Dresser duals and RC slip ons. Ran good with the tune VnH said to use other than the pop. Hopefully when I ride tomorrow the issue I had is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had problems tonight with my Fuelpak. Stopped to get gas and after filling up I applied my autotune and everything applied. Went to start the bike and sounded and felt like it was running in limp mode or on one cylinder. I tried flashing to stock and then flashing back to my tune. No luck. Had to get the bike home while it was running like this. Took a screen shot of the codes it was throwing. Cleared them and it's to late to start the bike now at home here. Kids a asleep and it will surely wake them up. Lol.

5706ec7b6d582bd001f4b7c5003f7a1b.jpg

Here is the codes it had. Cleared them. Anyone have any idea what the heck could be wrong? Plan to call Vance and Hines tomorrow. Help!?

Mine has done that a time or two before. It idles like it's in eitms mode. All I did was flash the bike again and it was fine. Not sure what the hickup was but she is OK now.
And it's the FP3.

Ride it today and everything is fine. Odd. Still a good tuner and thanks for everyone's kind words. I was worried. Lol

hen you APPLY... you are still in autotune.... you just applied what was learned and continue... therefore you will have a rough idle on startup... it's common in autotune. Once you FINISH the tune... the idle will smooth out and all will be fine.

I had to go back to my original V&H recommended tune. I will have to redo my autotune session. Had about 300 mile on that one before I tried to apply. No big deal it's not hard work riding this this thing. Lol

IMG_3214.jpgOk, been running the canned map from V&H but I need to auto tune. Nice day here today so I thought I'd put about 4 hours on her. Getting ready to meet my buddy in 10 min. and I fire up the auto tune and I got this window. Not sure which to choose, didn't want to dump the one I was running. I was afraid to do any thing so I left it for later. Is this a normal window for the AT feature? Which one do you pic?

Also I understand if you apply your progress you will loose your completed fields, so will the AT hold the info for a few days of riding before you apply so its easier to track progress or do you need to screen shot and apply everyday when your done riding. I know when your all done and your satisfied with the fields of green you will need to "finnish"

Thanks for any help
FB

You never really LOSE the tune... you only lose visual references.... its there and working when applied... but you only see a clean slate once you do. I ran my auto-tune for over 600 miles without applying... that way I can track it EACH TIME I rode and compared screenshot to the previous.

SLOT 0 should be your original stock map.... SLOT 1 should be your canned map you are using....so select SLOT 1

Took her out today but after an hour got caught in a down pour and had to go home. Got a few more blocks filled. So here's the question. We're looking at 3 days of bad weather. It would be a good opportunity to install my plasma rods. If I pull the main fuse would that do anything to the AT process? I haven't applied anything yet so I don't know if any of the progress will be saved. What do you think?

Took her out today but after an hour got caught in a down pour and had to go home. Got a few more blocks filled. So here's the question. We're looking at 3 days of bad weather. It would be a good opportunity to install my plasma rods. If I pull the main fuse would that do anything to the AT process? I haven't applied anything yet so I don't know if any of the progress will be saved. What do you think?

All stored values are safe within the FP3... so pulling the main fuse should not cause any issues.

farmboy- I did not pull the fuse when I installed my PR's. I dropped the left saddlebag, traced the wire loom up along the left side of the fender and used 2 easy taps (supplied) for connectivity. I have a small regret: I didn't purchase the plates here on SGF to mount the PR's to. It turned out OK but would have been cleaner had I used them.

farmboy- I did not pull the fuse when I installed my PR's. I dropped the left saddlebag, traced the wire loom up along the left side of the fender and used 2 easy taps (supplied) for connectivity. I have a small regret: I didn't purchase the plates here on SGF to mount the PR's to. It turned out OK but would have been cleaner had I used them.

Mojo, thanks for the info. I've read some threads on here that got me spooked about any electrical related job without pulling it.

Ya know not to scare you but I did pull my main fuse for my stereo install and later that day had issues with an autotune. Probably not related, and it was easily remedied by reflashing. So even if you do have problems it's not a big deal.

Ya know not to scare you but I did pull my main fuse for my stereo install and later that day had issues with an autotune. Probably not related, and it was easily remedied by reflashing. So even if you do have problems it's not a big deal.

Thanks, appreciate the input

So here's my latest AT field. This is after 3 sessions about a total of 5 hrs. Tried to mix it up pretty good. Not a whole lot of in town. Got some highway and out of town riding where I could get on it pretty good. I think it said 63 learned. So what's a reasonable amount to be expected before you call it good. I don't know if I should apply to see if it's running any better than the canned map which has some decell pop and a backfire or 2 after heavy let off after I ran it up pretty good. Do I need more WOT time?What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3238.jpg
    IMG_3238.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
So here's my latest AT field. This is after 3 sessions about a total of 5 hrs. Tried to mix it up pretty good. Not a whole lot of in town. Got some highway and out of town riding where I could get on it pretty good. I think it said 63 learned. So what's a reasonable amount to be expected before you call it good. I don't know if I should apply to see if it's running any better than the canned map which has some decell pop and a backfire or 2 after heavy let off after I ran it up pretty good. Do I need more WOT time?What do you think?

http://wildfirehd.blogspot.com/2011/05/tech-tip-backfiring-or-popping-on.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469