Sturgis 2015 - 75th Anny! Who's going?

Rolling out on 7/29 from Ohio...will arrive on 7/31 to 4k Sq ft house we rented in Custer. There are 9 of us. Bikes all serviced and ready to go. Vacation started yesterday at 10 am and don't have to be back at work until 8/12. Ahhhh so ready for some time off. Everyone rolling there ride safe!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Figure I would share the list..... I DIDN'T WRITE IT.... lol.... keep that in mind with some items... hahaha!

Some items will be a head-scratcher.... but it's a list for guys and gals... couples if you will...

Sturgis Packing List

Figure I would share the list..... I DIDN'T WRITE IT.... lol.... keep that in mind with some items... hahaha!

Some items will be a head-scratcher.... but it's a list for guys and gals... couples if you will...

Sturgis Packing List
Thanks... I particularly like item 67... Lmao

And the specified year by the shirts
...lol

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Rolling out on 7/29 from Ohio...will arrive on 7/31 to 4k Sq ft house we rented in Custer. There are 9 of us. Bikes all serviced and ready to go. Vacation started yesterday at 10 am and don't have to be back at work until 8/12. Ahhhh so ready for some time off. Everyone rolling there ride safe!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Awesome man! Same to you bud.

Why do I get the feeling I know who made that list for you ??? Did some figuring tonight first day is 706 miles or so Battle Mountain to Casper Wy. Easy ride the next day through Deadwood into Sturgis. Can't wait this is going to be so much fun and the miles are going to just stack up. Thinking I should be good and relaxed by the time I get there lol. Leaving the 30th and don't have to be home until the 22nd. Oh life is so good right now. Have 4 more day shifts and they will be hard but that's life I guess. May have to drift into Minnesota and Wisconsin while I'm this close.

Last edited:
Got a message from another forum and the suggestion is for your extra set of keys. Give your extra set of keys and fob to someone you trust your riding with or leave it in your trailer or hotel room, rented house so it's close. Something I never thought of but this could save a good trip from going south real fast.

Everybody going ride safe

I dont remember where i saw the list, but thought it might come in handy. Bringing a extra set of keys is good SON!!

Why do I get the feeling I know who made that list for you ??? Did some figuring tonight first day is 706 miles or so Battle Mountain to Casper Wy. Easy ride the next day through Deadwood into Sturgis. Can't wait this is going to be so much fun and the miles are going to just stack up. Thinking I should be good and relaxed by the time I get there lol. Leaving the 30th and don't have to be home until the 22nd. Oh life is so good right now. Have 4 more day shifts and they will be hard but that's life I guess. May have to drift into Minnesota and Wisconsin while I'm this close.

Got a message from another forum and the suggestion is for your extra set of keys. Give your extra set of keys and fob to someone you trust your riding with or leave it in your trailer or hotel room, rented house so it's close. Something I never thought of but this could save a good trip from going south real fast.

Everybody going ride safe
Great idea

Wow....that's awesome. Enjoy every second of it

One work day down, 4 to go. I knew this week would go by slow. Heading out from LA early Saturday morning stopping mid Utah and then Denver Sunday to meet up with a few others and a couple of breweries. Monday an easy ride to Deadwood. This will be the longest vacation I've taken in about 15 years. Two whole weeks of riding. My wife had planned on going but some family issues came up and she had to burn all of her vacation. She's really bummed but I told her I would bring her back a tee shirt. I know, I'm just too nice of a guy.

4 days is way too long.... Joker and Susie Q ( his lady) will be at my house Friday afternoon for the pack out.... and heading out 0500 on Saturday morning.... Cody, WY is our stop.. then Sturgis by noon Sunday to set up camp..

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Sent from my Note4 using Tapatalk

4 days is way too long.... Joker and Susie Q ( his lady) will be at my house Friday afternoon for the pack out.... and heading out 0500 on Saturday morning.... Cody, WY is our stop.. then Sturgis by noon Sunday to set up camp..

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

When your in Cody stop at the Buffalo Bill Museum. Plan on spending at least six hours to cover the whole thing. You will not regret it

II'm a veteran of many Sturgis ralleys. Ill be leaving Sunday morning Aug 2 and staying till Friday. Have a nice Air conditioned house in Rapid City with garage courtesy of relatives who will be gone for the week.
The list of dont's is pretty accurate.
No parking in yellow
No burn outs
No exhibitionist driving
Keep the tunes at low volume
Tell wife or GF to keep her shirt on (personal exp)
No excessive rapping of pipes
Nothing good happens after midnight

Do go on rides away from the town of Stugis
Do spend time chillin in Keystone
Do check out Devils Tower
Do go to the Senior Center in Spearfish for breakfast. It's great to see the older citizens catering to the bikers. Prepare to give granny a hug
The Piedmont Steak House has great food
The Dakota Spirit campground has great adult entertainment
Be Chill Blend in. Relax and every one will enjoy
Do bring more money than you think you'll need
Wear you old holey socks and undies and throw them away at the end of the day.
Roll your clothes when you pack

Last edited:
We leave Saturday afternoon and will be stopping somewhere about half way from Illinois.

Sunday we are stopping at a friend's house in Rapid City. Then to buffalo chip early morning on Monday until Saturday.

This is my first trip (we added up we will have 23 bikes in my group once Wednesday comes around) and I'm the only rookie.... This could get interesting. LMAO

When your in Cody stop at the Buffalo Bill Museum. Plan on spending at least six hours to cover the whole thing. You will not regret it
We are not getting there there til 9pm... sleeping til 5am and back on the road

I'll be going. Just detailed the bike yesterday, got it out of the shop for the 5,000 mile service and new clutch. I'll be headlining to Seattle this Thursday, hooking up with my buddy, then trailering bikes behind his 38- foot RV. Gonna be crazy. Peoria huh??? Woodruff High, class of 79!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469