FP3, The Auto-Tune Process Explained

Thank you for the reply. has anyone used FP3 and then done a cam swap?? i herd they were working or have finished some updates that would allow for proper tuning with different cams. Any thoughts? over all is the FP3 working for you as well as hoped?
I did it for a Brother... his FP3 was set up by me for 15 Limited 103, Stage I with powerduals and HO's... cams went bad... dropped in TW555's... used same tune to start, configured for new cams, reset Throttle progressivity to normal and started the AT process... runs like a raped ape now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Spazz, would it be to much trouble for you to post a screen shot of your afr tables?

Spazz, would it be to much trouble for you to post a screen shot of your afr tables?
Yes it would...lol. my FP3 went with 14SGS when I sold it... I run a PV now on my 15RGS

Yes it would...lol. my FP3 went with 14SGS when I sold it... I run a PV now on my 15RGS

Well, thats a bummer, lol. I think the standard afr table with the canned tune are still to lean. Was thinking about copying the table I was using on my old FLHX. it was a little richer.

You need dyno and ability to make changes like race tuner from screaming eagle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need dyno and ability to make changes like race tuner from screaming eagle

Actually, you don't ( the entire purpose of this thread )... the AT process is designed to do it for you..... is it perfect? NO.... but it gets most people right where they need to be. IF YOU KNOW what you are doing, you can modify AFR tables, timing.. ETC.... within the FP3 as well... for those with the knowledge, they manually adjust settings to their liking as well, but not for the NOVICE by a long shot in regard to going the manual route.

Actually, you don't ( the entire purpose of this thread )... the AT process is designed to do it for you..... is it perfect? NO.... but it gets most people right where they need to be. IF YOU KNOW what you are doing, you can modify AFR tables, timing.. ETC.... within the FP3 as well... for those with the knowledge, they manually adjust settings to their liking as well, but not for the NOVICE by a long shot in regard to going the manual route.

Yes, I am more or less comfortable figuring out the afr table and where I think they should be. Timing is another story, unless there is a way to monitor the knock retard with the fp3. In a lot of cases, you can add fuel to reduce knock, but then to much fuel is not good. One thing I wish you could do with the fp3 is look at your working tune without it being connected to the bike and the bike being on. with the sepst you can look at and manipulate your working tune all day long from wherever you want.

Yes, I am more or less comfortable figuring out the afr table and where I think they should be. Timing is another story, unless there is a way to monitor the knock retard with the fp3. In a lot of cases, you can add fuel to reduce knock, but then to much fuel is not good. One thing I wish you could do with the fp3 is look at your working tune without it being connected to the bike and the bike being on. with the sepst you can look at and manipulate your working tune all day long from wherever you want.
One reason I went to the PV (among others) with the new scoot. You can monitor on the fly by configuring the gauge screens and scroll thru them if need be...

2and place

Can you explain further your last post? I'm sorry but I'm not English-speaking and I'm not sure I understood it properly... Thank you

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

just got fp3 installed, flashed map and went for a ride. 2015 RG. when I got home after 30 minute ride I turned bike off and tried restarting it within 2 minutes and it took 3 attempts and finally started at end of third attempt. my bike always had a specific type of start, eg starter would engage and turn motor, then it would feel like compression was stopping its rotation momentarily (for a split second) then bike would start right up. it always started like this for the 2 years I've owned it. Now with fp3 installed, it seemed to be getting hung up on that compression stroke. It appears I can adjust the ACR using the fp3 but believe that this is done within the autotune function somehow. Looking for any guidance while I'm waiting for V&H to open for business.

just got fp3 installed, flashed map and went for a ride. 2015 RG. when I got home after 30 minute ride I turned bike off and tried restarting it within 2 minutes and it took 3 attempts and finally started at end of third attempt. my bike always had a specific type of start, eg starter would engage and turn motor, then it would feel like compression was stopping its rotation momentarily (for a split second) then bike would start right up. it always started like this for the 2 years I've owned it. Now with fp3 installed, it seemed to be getting hung up on that compression stroke. It appears I can adjust the ACR using the fp3 but believe that this is done within the autotune function somehow. Looking for any guidance while I'm waiting for V&H to open for business.

Was this a quick shutdown after arriving home and immediately tried to fire? How hot was the scoot? I have had a compression lock at startup on a very hot day and VERY hot bike..... 5 minutes or so of sitting and all was good. It's happened to me a few times on my 120

Since adding the FP3, bike is running MUCH MICH hotter. I've the 16 Streetglide Special, Screaming Eagle Street Csnnons and SE Stage 1 air cleaner. Did the canned map and the VH Twin-Slash rounds map as suggested by VH technician. Is the HIGHER engine temp normal?
I think the higher temp is causing this (pic) to my rear heat shield:
3f8cea29f94a8b29c460eb89ffec131d.jpg

Use the tune V/H suggests for a basemap for an Autotune session.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Auto tune it with 2 tank of fuel and ride like you stole it. More fuel and power creates a little heat.

Auto tune it with 2 tank of fuel and ride like you stole it. More fuel and power creates a little heat.

Are you saying the heat he's getting, (that's apparently enough to do that to his heatshield) is par for the course with a FP3?

Are you saying the heat he's getting, (that's apparently enough to do that to his heatshield) is par for the course with a FP3?

Sure not! It is a v twin and it is going to be hot anyways. Are you trying to put worlds in my post? :)

I saw something talking about sharing maps through the app, and does anyone have a guide explaining how to do adjustments or what you can do with the app. Very new to the fp3 and motorcycles. Thanks for this forum and the help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He is prolly running lean...needs AT to adjust a bit richer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469